All of us face this problem that I don’t have CD to install printer how do I use my printer now? This is not such a big issue. You can easily install your printer without any CD. Follow these steps and your printer will be automatically installed.
Steps to Follow
- Connect your printer and computer with each other and insure that you have done all he connections.
- Now start your computer and wait for boot up.
- Plug the printer into the wall and then take the USB cord that is attached to the printer and plug it into the appropriate port on the computer.
- Turn on your printer.
- Go to the control panel through start menu.
- Open ‘Printers and Hardware’ folder.
- Click on “Add printer”.
- Add printer wizard displays on monitor, now click on ‘Next’ button.
- Click on “Automatically detect and install plug and play printer” on the add printer wizard page. Now click on ‘Next’ button.
- Your printer will be started to install if the network can automatically detect it. Otherwise, you will get a pop up with unable to detect message from there you will e able to install your printer manually. Now click ‘Next’.
- Select port for printer. Use the recommended port for best set up options. Click ‘Next’.
- Select manufacturer and printer. Click ‘Next’.
- Type confirm name if it displays in the box and set printer as default printer if like. Click ‘Next’.
- Take a print copy for testing that printer is working or not. Click ‘Next’.
- Receive a successful completion of installation of printer message. Click ‘Finish’
Your printer is installed now continue with your work.